If you are worried about your hair growth or hair fall, it is because of your imbalance diet. You may need to add a few vitamins and minerals to your diet instead of using anti-hair fall products. Now a day increase in pollution, stress in life, and bad habits of eating and sleeping can damage your health causing your hair to be thinned and resulting into hair fall. Instead of wasting your money on hair care products try these simple following tips. These hair care tips will help you to have balance diet suitable for your hair growth also, thus reducing your hair fall and other hair related problems.
List of Good Vitamins & Minerals for Hair Growth
Following is the list of minerals and vitamins essential for shiny and healthy hair and normal hair growth. Deficiency of any of these can result into negative consequences.
1. Vitamin A, also known as Beta Carotene works as an antioxidant. It keeps the scalp healthy and moist to help in sebum production. It can be obtained from a lot of sources like, dairy products, meat, vegetables, fruits, fish oil etc.
2. Vitamin B3 enhances circulation of blood in scalp. It can be obtained from products like fish, beef, chicken, peanut butter, liver, turkey, barley, rice bran, wheat bran etc.
3. Vitamin B5 is also known as Pantothenic acid is essential element for hair growth and also helps in reducing hair loss. It can be obtained from products like egg, especially egg yolk, milk, liver, whole grains, potatoes, kidney, etc.
4. Melanin production is increased by the increase in the amount of vitamin B6 in the body. Melanin is essential for thick hair. Whole grains cereals, egg yolk and meat are the basic sources for vitamin B6.
5. Vitamin B7 promotes healthy hair and can be obtained by whole grains, rice, milk, liver etc.
6. Another vitamin that helps in the prevention of hair loss is vitamin B12. Its main sources are fish, chicken, egg and milk etc.
7. Vitamin C is another antioxidant that stimulates healthy and shiny hair. Green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, broccoli, capsicum, red chilies etc are main sources of vitamin C.
8. Vitamin E enhances the circulation of blood towards the scalp thus improving the hair growth. Vegetable oils, nuts, seeds, beans, green vegetables, wheat germ oil etc.
9. Calcium plays an important role in the hair growth. Nuts, milk and other dairy products are its main source.
10. The fluctuations in the blood sugar level affect the quality of hair, and sometimes may also result in hair fall. Chromium controls the blood sugar levels. Whole wheat bread, bee, wine, beer, yeast, oyster, liver, potatoes etc are the main sources.
11. Strong and healthy hair require copper which also prevents hair loss. Copper can be obtained from green vegetables, eggs, chicken, beans, turnips, shellfish etc.
12. Thyroid problems can also cause severe hair loss therefore iodine is an important mineral for hair loss prevention. Iodized salts are available easily in markets. Apart from them cod fish, haddock, cheddar cheese and garlic also contain iodine.
13. Zinc also prevents scalp problems and hair loss. It can be obtained a lot of sources like red meat, poultry, eggs, dried fruits, spinach, mushrooms, oyster, shellfish, whole grains etc.
14. Deficiency of iron in blood can cause anemia. Hair fall is one of the side effects of anemia. Excessive amount of sea vegetables, wheat bran, chicken, fish, whole grains, dries fruits and red meat should be taken to avoid deficiency of iron.
15. Magnesium is an important stimulant for hair growth and can be obtained from nuts, fish, green vegetables, whole grains etc.
16. Manganese is a requirement for healthy and strong hair. Turnip, raspberries, pineapple, spinach, chicken, fish, nuts, beans, eggs etc are its main sources.
17. Potassium also stimulates the blood circulation therefore enhancing the air growth. Dried fruits, yogurt, nuts, potato skin, tomato, and fruits like banana etc should be taken in excessive amount to obtain potassium.
18. Selenium is generally obtained by fish, whole grains, red meat, eggs and nuts and helps to keep your scalp healthy.
19. Two other minerals, known as L-Methionine and L-Cysteine, are also helpful in preventing hair loss and promoting healthy and strong hair. Poultry, egg, yogurt, garlic, onions, wheat germs etc are its main sources.
20. Another source of healthy and strong hair is sulfur that can be obtained from egg, beans, garlic, asparagus, onions, milk, cheese etc.
21. Silica is as important as other minerals for the growth of healthy and strong hair. Seafood, rice, green pepper, red pepper, and all green vegetables are the easiest sources of silica.
All these vitamins and minerals are best for your hair but you should consult a health physician before taking them. Make a diet plan with the help of your physician that will automatically include all these minerals. Don’t go over-board. A healthy and balance diet will give you all the nutrients essential for healthy, strong and shiny hair.