A Massive Iceberg Stops by Ferryland in Canada

    0
    172

    From a past few months, Canada is discussed more about its PM Justin Trudeau than any other reason. But recently, another interesting event occurred in a small land of Canada that got all the focus and attention of the world. A giant iceberg is reported to have floated over the shore of a small town, Ferryland located in Newfoundland. Read on to know more about this amazing new phenomenon.

    The small town is overrun by tourists from all across Canada to see this massive chunk of iceberg. This is not the first time that Ferryland has experienced any such event. Each year, in spring, such icebergs pass this area. Strong counter-clockwise winds are said to be the reason behind the drifting of icebergs here. But this is probably the first time that an iceberg got so close to the shore that people arrived there to snap photographs with it.

    massive-iceberg

    Not just this, but a major traffic blockage has also been reported on the eve of Easter weekend, in this area, as a lot of people were traveling this way to see the mega iceberg. If you too want to see this massive iceberg with your naked eyes, read here. This is what the mayor of that area has to say;

    “It’s a huge iceberg and it’s in so close that people can get a good photograph of it.

    “It’s the biggest one I ever seen around here.”

    Interesting Fact: What makes it even more amazing is the fact that this massive iceberg is just the 10% of the remaining 90% of the iceberg mass that remains underwater. [Read here: How to Get Yellowstone National Park Free Visit]

    massive-iceberg